This topic describes how to associate an elastic IP address (EIP) with a Classic Load Balancer (CLB) instance. After you associate an EIP with a CLB instance, the CLB instance can forward requests from the Internet.
- Log on to the Elastic IP Address console .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the EIP is deployed.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the EIP that you want to manage, and click Bind Resource in the Actions column.
- In the Associate EIP with Resource dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Instance Type Select CLB Instance. Select an instance to associate. Select the CLB instance with which you want to associate the EIP.The CLB instance must meet the following requirements:
Note When you associate an EIP with an internal-facing CLB instance, your service will be temporarily interrupted. Therefore, we recommend that you perform this operation during off-peak hours or use another CLB instance to serve your workloads before the operation is completed.
- The CLB instance must be deployed in a virtual private cloud (VPC).
- The CLB instance and the EIP must belong to the same region.
- You can associate only one EIP with each CLB instance.