Alibaba Cloud Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) is upgraded after it incorporates the technology of WUYING. EDS provides a cloud desktop service that is secure, efficient, and easy to use. You can use EDS to quickly create and manage cloud desktops and build a secure, flexible office system.
- Administrators: O&M administrators. Administrators can manage cloud desktops, workspaces, policies, images, networks, and storage in a centralized manner.
- End users: users that use cloud desktops. End users can use WUYING clients to connect to cloud desktops.
Why Alibaba Cloud EDS?
EDS provides cloud desktops that work as office tools oriented to the digital economy. You can use cloud desktops to work anytime and anywhere. Cloud desktops can unleash mass computing power to run diverse applications. In addition, the Alibaba Cloud protection system ensures business data security on cloud desktops. To ensure user experience, EDS provides a secure and efficient office system that is easy to use.
- Flexible configuration and billing: EDS provides abundant cloud desktops with different specifications of vCPUs and GPUs in multiple regions. You can access cloud desktops from various types of WUYING clients. You can flexibly configure and quickly purchase cloud desktops based on your business requirements. Cloud desktops are immediately usable with a few clicks upon purchase.
- Centralized management and efficient O&M: You can use the Alibaba Cloud Management Console to manage and maintain cloud desktops in a centralized manner.
- Easy network access and data protection: Cloud desktops rely on powerful Alibaba Cloud infrastructure to ensure easy network access. Security gateways are used to isolate cloud desktop networks from the Internet to ensure network security. Combined with a variety of security policies and audit features, the fine-grained management of permissions and account systems are used to ensure auditable and traceable operations. This way, data security is worry-free.
- Integrated with enterprise Active Directory (AD) systems: Cloud desktops can be connected to the verification systems of enterprises to provide enterprise-grade management. You can use cloud desktops to communicate with your colleagues across networks and regions. This helps manage multiple branches of enterprises in a centralized manner.
Comparison between EDS and ECS
|Term||EDS is a computing-based Desktop as a Service (DaaS) that is offered by Alibaba Cloud. EDS is easy to use and highly secure, and allows you to manage your cloud desktops in an efficient manner.||Elastic Compute Service (ECS) is a high-performance, stable, reliable, and scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) service that is provided by Alibaba Cloud.|
|Support for hosting self-built websites on servers||No||Yes|
|Support for Internet access||Yes, you can access the Internet only from cloud desktops.||Yes|
|Security group control|