Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances in virtual private clouds (VPCs) can be associated with elastic IP addresses (EIPs) to access the Internet. This topic describes how to adjust the maximum bandwidth and billing method of an EIP by modifying the bandwidth of the EIP. This operation applies to both subscription and pay-as-you-go instances.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance for which you want to modify the bandwidth of its EIP and click Upgrade/Downgrade in the Actions column.
- In the Upgrade/Downgrade Wizard dialog box, select Bandwidth Adjustment and click Continue.
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select a billing method for the EIP and specify a maximum bandwidth value.
For more information, see Manage a pay-as-you-go EIP.
- Read and select Elastic IP Terms of Services and click Buy Now. Note If you modify only the maximum bandwidth of an EIP, the new EIP bandwidth immediately takes effect without the need to restart the instance. If you modify the billing method of an EIP, take note of the following items:
- The new billing method takes effect at 00:00:00 the next day.
- Before the new billing method takes effect, you cannot make other modifications such as modifying the maximum bandwidth value.