This topic describes how to build a Drupal e-commerce website on an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance that uses an Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image.
Drupal is an open source content management framework (CMF) written in PHP. Drupal consists of a content management system (CMS) and a PHP development framework. You can use Drupal to build dynamic websites that provide various features and services. Drupal is commonly used in a variety of applications from personal blogs to large communities.
The procedure described in this topic is applicable to users who are familiar with Linux operating systems, but are new to web development on Alibaba Cloud ECS instances and want to build a website in a quick manner.
- Operating system: CentOS 7.3 64-bit
- Apache 2.4.45
- MySQL 5.6.36
- PHP 5.6.30
- Drupal 8.3.4
Step 1: Create an ECS instance
Create an ECS instance to build a small-sized website for personal use. Then, you can upgrade the configurations of the instance or optimize the architecture as your requirements increase. In this example, an ECS instance of the ecs.c6.large instance type is used.
Step 2: Select a Drupal website image
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- In the Image section of the Custom Launch tab, choose .
Drupalin the search box and click Search to select a Drupal website image.
- Click Use.
- On the Custom Launch tab, you can see that the Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image that you selected is displayed in the Image section. Assign a public IP address to the instance and complete other settings to create the instance. For more information, see Create an instance by using the wizard.
Step 3: Install Drupal
http://<Public IP address of the instance>/phpMyAdminby using your browser.You can obtain the public IP address of the instance from the IP Address column corresponding to the instance on the Instances page in the ECS console.
- Use the username and password of MySQL provided by the Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image to log on to phpMyAdmin.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click NEW. In the top navigation bar, click SQL.
- Create a database and user for Drupal. Enter the following SQL statements in the field and configure the following parameters:
- drupalDBName: Specify a name for the database.
- UserName: Specify a user for the database.
- IP: Enter localhost or 127.0.0.1 if you perform the operations on your computer.
- UserPassWord: Specify a password for the database.
CREATE DATABASE drupalDBName; CREATE USER UserName; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'UserName'@'IP' IDENTIFIED BY 'UserPassWord' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
- Click Go.
http://<Public IP address of the instance>/drupalby using your browser to go to the Drupal installation page. Select an installation language from the Choose language drop-down list and click Save and continue.
- Select the standard installation method and click Save and continue.
- Enter the information of the created database and click Save and continue.
- After Drupal is installed, enter the site information on the website setting page
and click Save and continue. Then, you can log on to the Drupal website to customize the settings.