If a domain name is registered with Alibaba Cloud, the domain name is resolved by Alibaba Cloud DNS servers by default. If you want to use your self-developed DNS servers or third-party DNS servers to resolve the domain name, perform the operations described in this topic.
- The domain name is registered with or transferred to Alibaba Cloud. If you transfer the domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another domain name registrar, you must change DNS servers at the new registrar.
- You have your self-developed DNS servers or third-party DNS servers.
- The domain name is valid. If your domain name is expired, you must renew it. For more information, see Renew a domain name.
Note After you change the IP address of a DNS server, it takes a maximum of 48 hours for the update to take effect.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- On the Domain Name List page, find the domain name for which you want to change the DNS server. Then, click
Manage in the Action column to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click DNS Modification.
- On the DNS Modification page, click Change DNS Server.
- Change the IP address of the DNS server as prompted and click Confirm.