This topic describes how to create a database on an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Instance: a virtualized database server, on which you can create and manage a number of databases.
- Database: a set of organized data that can be shared by a number of users. A database provides the minimal redundancy and is independent of applications. You can consider a database to be a warehouse that is used to store data.
- Character set: a collection of letters, special characters, and encoding rules that are used in a database.
Maximum number of databases and maximum number of tables
|Account type||Maximum number of databases||Maximum number of tables|
|Privileged account||Unlimited||< 200,000|
|Standard account||500||< 200,000|
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Click Create Database.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Name
- The name of the database must be 2 to 64 characters in length.
- The name of the database must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
- The name of the database can contain lowercase letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).
- The name of the database must be unique within your RDS instance.
Supported Character Set Specify the character set that is supported by the database. you can select utf8, gbk, latin1, or utf8mb4. Authorized Account Specify the account that is authorized to access the database. You can leave this parameter empty. In this case, you can specify the authorized account of the database after the database is created. For more information, see Modify the permissions of a standard account on an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.Note The Authorized Account drop-down list displays only the standard accounts that are created on your RDS instance. The privileged account has all permissions on all databases and does not require authorization. Account type Specify the permissions that you want to grant on the database. You can select the Read/Write, Read-only, DDL Only, or DML Only permissions.Note This parameter is available only when the Authorized Account parameter is set. Description Enter a description that is used to identify the database. The description can contain up to 256 characters.
- Click Create.
What to do next
Connect to your RDS instance. For more information, see Connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
|CreateDatabase||Creates a database on an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|