Applications that are deployed in an Alibaba Cloud Service Mesh (ASM) instance run in clusters. To use an ASM instance to manage applications, you must add a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster to the ASM instance.
- An ASM instance is created. For more information, see Create an ASM instance.
- An ACK cluster is created. For more information, see Create a dedicated Kubernetes cluster and Create a managed Kubernetes cluster.
- The API server of the ACK cluster can be accessed from the Internet, or the cluster resides in the same virtual private cloud (VPC) as the ASM instance.
- Log on to the ASM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Mesh Management page, find the ASM instance that you want to configure. Click the name of the ASM instance or click Manage in the Actions column of the ASM instance.
- On the details page of the ASM instance, choose Add. in the left-side navigation pane. On the Kubernetes Clusters page, click
- In the Add Cluster panel, select the cluster to be added to the ASM instance and click OK. Note
- If your application runs in a single cluster or multiple clusters in a VPC, we recommend that you select Clusters in the Same VPC as the ASM Instance to filter clusters.
- Make sure that the proxy container of the cluster to be added to the ASM instance can access Istio Pilot of the ASM instance. If Istio Pilot of the ASM instance does not allow Internet access, make sure that it can be accessed by the proxy container in the VPC.
- In the Note message, click OK.