After you create a dedicated host, you can create one or more Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances on the dedicated host so that you can exclusively use all the physical resources of the ECS instances.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the dedicated host on which you want to create ECS instances. Click Create Instance in the Actions column. Note In this example, only the key parameters of an ECS instance are configured. For other parameters, use the default settings. For more information about the parameters, see Create one or more ECS instances on a dedicated host.
- Configure the parameters in the Basic Configurations step. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Example Dedicated Host Select the dedicated host on which you want to create ECS instances and specify whether to select Associate with DDH.
- If you select Associate with DDH, the ECS instances are deployed on the current dedicated host. If the resources of the dedicated host are insufficient, the ECS instances fail to be restarted.
- If you do not select Associate with DDH, the ECS instances may be deployed on another dedicated host that belongs to your Alibaba Cloud account when the instances are restarted. For more information, see Features.
Default Billing Method Select a billing method for the ECS instances based on the billing method of the dedicated host. You can select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go as the billing method of ECS instances that run on a subscription dedicated host.
For more information, see Resource billing for ECS instances on a dedicated host.
Pay-As-You-Go Instance Type Select an instance type based on your needs.Note The region and zone of the ECS instances must be the same as those of the dedicated host. The available instance types depend on the type and available computing resources of the dedicated host. For more information, see Dedicated host types. ecs.i2.xlarge Quantity Specify the number of ECS instances that you want to purchase based on your needs. 1 Image You can select a public image, custom image, shared image, or an image that is purchased from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
For more information, see Select an image.
Alibaba Cloud Linux 2.1903 LTS 64-bit Storage Configure a system disk and data disk based on your business requirements. Default
- Click Next: Network and Security Group and configure the parameters in the Network and Security Group step. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Example Network Type Alibaba Cloud provides a default VPC. If you do not want to use the default VPC, you can create a VPC and a vSwitch in the region where you want to create ECS instances. For more information, see Create an IPv4 VPC.
- VPC: [Default] vpc-bp1l5b6zsvw30qb6t**** / vpc-bp1l5b6zsvw30qb6t****
- vSwitch: [Default] vsw-bp1hi0st**** / vsw-bp1hi0st****
Public IP If your ECS instances need to access the Internet, you can assign public IP addresses to the ECS instances.
- If you want to assign public IP addresses to the ECS instances, you must select Assign Public IP Address. Then, select Pay-By-Traffic or Pay-By-Bandwidth as the billing method of the public bandwidth, and specify the bandwidth.
Note The public IP addresses cannot be detached from the ECS instances. For more information about the billing method of public bandwidth, see Public bandwidth.
- If your instances do not need to access the Internet or your VPC-type instances use elastic IP addresses (EIP) to access the Internet, you do not need to assign public IP addresses. You can associate an EIP with or disassociate an EIP from an ECS instance at any time.
Default Security Group Select a security group. If no security group exists, you can create a security group in the destination region. For more information, see Create a security group. sg-20200622/sg-bp1542zl60b5q6hx**** Elastic Network Interface If the selected instance type supports Elastic Network Interface (ENI), you can add ENIs and select vSwitches for the ENIs.Note By default, the ENIs are released together with the ECS instances. You can also call the DetachNetworkInterface operation to detach the ENIs from the instances. Default
- Click Preview to confirm the order. Before the ECS instances are created, make sure that the selected configurations such as the use duration meet your requirements.
- In the Configurations Selected section, confirm the configurations of the ECS instances. You can click the icon to modify the configurations.
- Configure the use duration of the ECS instances.
- If the billing method of the ECS instances is Pay-As-You-Go, you can select Automatic Release and specify the time to automatically release the instances.
- If the billing method of the ECS instances is Subscription, you must specify the duration, and specify whether to turn on the Enable Auto-renewal switch.
Note The expiration date of the subscription ECS instances cannot be later than that of the subscription dedicated host.
- Read and accept the ECS Terms of Service.
- In the lower part of the page, view the total fees of the ECS instances, confirm the order, and then complete the payment.
- In the Configurations Selected section, confirm the configurations of the ECS instances.
After the ECS instances are created, click Console in the upper-right corner of the page to go back to the ECS console. On the Instances page, select the region where the created ECS instances reside. Then, you can view the instance ID, public IP address, and private IP address of the created instances.
What to do next
- In this example, no password is configured for the ECS instances. You can configure a password after you create the ECS instances. For more information, see Reset the logon password of an instance.
- You can build an FTP site on an ECS instance to upload files to the instance. For more information about how to deploy the FTP service, see Build an FTP site on an ECS instance.
- After the ECS instances are created, we recommend that you check whether the operating systems are compliant and hardened.
- If you have created data disks along with the ECS instances, you can use the data disks only after they are partitioned and formatted. For more information, see Partition and format a data disk on a Linux instance or Partition and format a data disk on a Windows instance.