By default, the intelligent protection feature is enabled. This feature uses algorithms to learn historical traffic patterns of protected services and adjusts traffic scrubbing policies at Layer 4 to better safeguard the services. After your services are protected by Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium, intelligent protection of the normal level is enabled by default. If the normal-level protection cannot meet your requirements, you can set the level to Low or Strict as required.
To protect your services against Layer 4 DDoS attacks, both Anti-DDoS Pro and Anti-DDoS Premium support the low, normal, and strict levels of intelligent protection. These levels are provided based on historical traffic patterns of services and technical experience of Alibaba Cloud security experts. By default, intelligent protection is enabled, and the protection level is set to Normal. You can change the level as required.
Intelligent protection works based on historical traffic patterns. If you use an Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instance to protect your services for the first time, it takes about three days for Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium to learn the traffic patterns and provide optimal protection.
Intelligent protection algorithms automatically add malicious IP addresses to a blacklist and block all requests from these IP addresses within a specific time period. You can view, add, and remove IP addresses in the blacklist. You can also add IP addresses to a whitelist. This ensures that requests from these IP addresses are allowed. For more information, see Configure the IP address blacklist and whitelist for an Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instance.
- Log on to the Anti-DDoS Pro console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your instance resides.
You can switch the region to configure and manage Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instances. Make sure that you select the required region when you use Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium.
- Anti-DDoS Pro: If your instance is an Anti-DDoS Pro instance, select Chinese Mainland.
- Anti-DDoS Premium: If your instance is an Anti-DDoS Premium instance, select Outside Chinese Mainland.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the General Policies page, click the Protection for Non-website Services tab and select the target instance from the Select Instance drop-down list.
- In the Intelligent protection section, click Modify.
- In the Intelligent protection dialog box, set Level as required and then click OK.Description of protection levels:
After the protection level is changed, the Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instance protects services based on the configured level.
- Low: Intelligent protection automatically scrubs traffic from malicious IP addresses. It may not block all Layer 4 volumetric attacks but achieves a low false positive rate.
- Normal: Intelligent protection automatically scrubs traffic from malicious and suspicious IP addresses. This is the default level. Intelligent protection defends against DDoS attacks while maintains a low false positive rate at this level. We recommend that you use this level in common scenarios.
- Strict: Intelligent protection provides the strongest protection against DDoS attacks but may cause false positives.