The OpenAPI module allows you to call DataWorks API operations so that you can integrate your applications with DataWorks and mine DataWorks services.
DataWorks provides more than 100 API operations for you to interact with DataWorks and use DataWorks services. For example, you can call DataWorks API operations to perform batch operations or integrate your applications with DataWorks. DataWorks can not only facilitate data development but also meet enterprise-specific requirements. On the OpenAPI page, you can view the usage of the free quota that DataWorks provides for API calls per month and the number of API calls that you have made in the current month. You can also specify a date range and check API call details within the range. For more information about DataWorks API operations, see Overview.
- Applicable editions:DataWorks provides various API operations, such as API operations related to tenants, metadata, DataStudio, and Operation Center. The API operations related to a DataWorks module have the same edition requirements as the DataWorks module.
- For more information about the limits on API operations that you can call in different DataWorks editions, see Call limits.
- DataWorks provides a free quota for you to call API operations in each calendar month. After the free quota is used up, you are charged based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. For more information about the free quota and billing rules, see Free quota and billing rules.
- For more information about the mappings between the API operations and DataWorks editions, see List of operations by function.
- Applicable regions:
China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China North 2 Ali Gov, China East 2 Finance, China (Chengdu), China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Indonesia (Jakarta), US (Silicon Valley), India (Mumbai), US (Virginia), Germany (Frankfurt), UK (London), Japan (Tokyo), Australia (Sydney), and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
View the information about API calls
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Open Platform. The OpenAPI page appears. On this page, you can view the information about API calls. You can also view the best practices for using the OpenAPI module.
What is on the OpenAPI page
On the OpenAPI page, you can view the following information:
- OpenAPI free quota: This section displays the usage of the free quota that DataWorks provides for API calls per month by the current date in the current month. The free quota that DataWorks provides for API calls per month varies based on your DataWorks edition. After the free quota is used up, you are charged for the number of API calls you made. For more information, see Overview.
- Number of OpenAPI calls: This section displays the number of API calls that you have made by the current date in the current month. The number of API calls is counted by month. That is, the number of API calls is recounted on the first day of each month.
- OpenAPI Call Details: This section displays the information about API calls in a specified date range, including the date on which an API operation is called, the name, type, and level of an API operation, the number of times an API operation is called on a specific day, and the number of times an API operation has been called by a specific day in the corresponding month. You can filter API calls based on the types and levels of API operations. The maximum number of times that an API operation can be called per day varies based on your DataWorks edition. For more information, see Overview.