DataWorks allows workspace administrators to configure approval policies for publishing data service APIs in workspaces.
Only DataWorks Enterprise Edition and Ultimate Edition allow you to configure the approval policy for data services.
Create an approval policy
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- After you select the region in which the workspace that you want to manage resides, find the workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, choose . On the page that appears, you can view a list of created approval policies and edit and delete approval policies.
- Click Create Policy in the upper-right corner. Complete the Create Policy wizard.
Enter the basic information
Specify the data range
You must specify the data range to which this approval policy applies based on the actual scenario. After this approval policy is created, the applications for the permissions on the data in this data range must be processed based on this approval policy.
Configure the notification methods
- To ensure that the approvers can receive approval notifications by using text messages or emails, you must add the approvers as alert contacts of DataWorks. For more information, see Configure and view alert contacts.
- To ensure that the approvers can receive notifications by using a DingTalk chatbot,
select Custom Keywords when you set the Security Settings parameter in the Add Robot dialog box. Then, enter DataWorks in the Custom Keywords field. Make sure that the other check boxes are cleared when you set the Security Settings parameter.
If you do not add DataWorks as a custom keyword or you select other check boxes when you set the Security Settings parameter, the approvers cannot receive notifications by using the DingTalk chatbot.
Configure the approval nodes
- The approval nodes are sequentially connected. After you configure the approval policy, the approval process specified in the approval policy sequentially flows from node to node. After an approver on an approval node gives approval, the approvers on the next approval node receive a notification and then start approval.
- You can specify different roles as approvers on different approval nodes. The following
roles are supported: DataWorks workspace roles, DataWorks workspace member, table
owner, Alibaba Cloud account, and MaxCompute roles.
- When an application is submitted for approval, DataWorks sends notifications to the approvers on the approval nodes based on the notification methods configured in the preceding step. You must add the approvers as alert contacts of DataWorks. For more information, see Configure and view alert contacts.
- If multiple users that assume the same role are specified as approvers on an approval node, notifications are sent to all the approvers. In this case, if one of the approvers on an approval node gives approval, the application is forwarded to the next approval node.