DataWorks provides FTP Reader and FTP Writer for you to read data from and write data to FTP data sources. You can use the codeless user interface (UI) or code editor to configure synchronization nodes for FTP data sources.
- Go to the Data Source page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- After you select the region where the required workspace resides, find the workspace and click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Data Integration page, choose to go to the Data Source page.
- On the Data Source page, click Add data source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add data source dialog box, click FTP in the Semi-structuredstorage section.
- In the Add FTP data source dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Source Name The name of the data source. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Data source description The description of the data source. The description can be a maximum of 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the data source is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is displayed only when the workspace is in standard mode. Protocol The protocol that is used by the FTP server. Valid values: FTP and SFTP. Host The IP address of the FTP server. Port The port number of the FTP server. The default port number for FTP is 21 and that for SFTP is 22. User name The username that you use to connect to the FTP server. Password The password that you use to connect to the FTP server.
- After the data source passes the connectivity test, click Complete.