Object Storage Service (OSS) is a secure, cost-effective, and high-persistence cloud storage service provided by Alibaba Cloud. OSS allows you to store large amounts of data in the cloud. This topic describes how to register an OSS bucket with Data Management (DMS).
- Log on to the DMS console V5.0.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Add Instance / Batch Entry.
- In the Add Instance dialog box, click the File and Log Storage tab.
- Click OSS.
- Set the following parameters based on your business requirements.
Category Parameter Description Basic Information Data Source The type of the data source. By default, this parameter is set to File and Log Storage. File type The type of the data. By default, this parameter is set to OSS. Instance Region The region in which the OSS bucket resides. You can view the region on the details page of the OSS bucket. Entry mode The method to register the OSS bucket. You can set this parameter only to Connection string address. When this method is used, the OSS bucket is registered over the Internet. Connection string address The public endpoint of OSS. This parameter is automatically set after you set the Instance Region parameter.Note For more information about how to view the public endpoint of OSS, see Regions and endpoints. Bucket The name of the OSS bucket to be registered.Note Enter the bucket name that you set when you created the OSS bucket. AccessKey ID The AccessKey ID of your Alibaba Cloud account. AccessKey Secret The AccessKey secret of your Alibaba Cloud account. Control Mode The mode to manage the OSS bucket in DMS. You can set this parameter only to Flexible Management. Advanced Information Environment type The environment type of the OSS bucket.Note For more information, see Change the environment type of an instance. Instance Name The custom name of the OSS bucket in DMS. DBA The DBA for managing permissions on the OSS bucket. You can select a DBA from the DBA drop-down list and use the DBA to manage permissions. query timeout(s) The timeout period for querying data in the OSS bucket. Use the default value. export timeout(s) The timeout period for exporting data from the OSS bucket. Use the default value.
- Click Test connection in the lower-left corner of the dialog box.
- If the connectivity test is passed, the Success message appears. In the message, click OK. Note If the connectivity test fails, check the specified parameter values based on the error message.
- Click Submit. The OSS bucket is registered with DMS. The OSS bucket supports the following features:
- Instance management: You can view the information about the OSS bucket and manage the OSS bucket in the left-side navigation pane of the DMS console. Alternatively, you can move the pointer over Instances to go to the instance list and manage the OSS bucket in the list. in the top navigation bar and then click
- Data queries: To query folders and files in the OSS bucket, double-click the name of the OSS bucket in the left-side navigation pane of the DMS console.
- Offline integration: You can use the OSS bucket as the destination of data output nodes in offline data integration tasks. For more information, see Create a data flow.
- Task orchestration: You can create cross-database Spark SQL nodes for the OSS bucket in the task orchestration module. For more information, see Configure a cross-database Spark SQL node.