This topic provides answers to some commonly asked questions about instance connection to Database Autonomy Service (DAS).
- How do I connect an instance to DAS and authorize access to the instance?
For more information, see Connect an Alibaba Cloud database instance to DAS.
- What are the minimum permissions required for the accounts of different database engines?
For more information, see Permissions.
- Can I use the root account to access a self-managed MySQL database from DAS?
No, you cannot use the root account to connect a self-managed MySQL database to DAS. DBGateways require that the IP address used to access the database is the IP address of the host. However, the root account of a self-managed MySQL database typically allows access only from the IP address of localhost or 127.0.0.1. Therefore, you cannot use the root account to connect a self-managed MySQL database to DAS.Note To implement the least privilege principle and account isolation, we recommend that you use a separate account to access self-managed MySQL databases from DAS.
- Can I access self-managed Redis databases without the need to provide the account
Yes, you can access self-managed Redis databases without the need to provide the account password. When a DBGateway detects a database instance, the DBGateway attempts to establish a connection to the database. If the account used to log on to your Redis database has no password, the state of the instance changes to Accessed.
- Why am I prompted that the authentication failed when I authorize a RAM user to access
a database instance?
An authentication failure may occur due to one of the following reasons:
- The account does not exist. When you grant permissions to a RAM user in the DAS console, use the account used to log on to the database instead of the Alibaba Cloud account.
- The password is wrong. Use the valid password of the account used to log on to the database.
- The authentication is blocked by the access control settings. To authorize an existing database account to access a database, you must check the access control settings of the database. For example, check whether the IP address is added to the whitelist of the database.