Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK)@Edge (ACK@Edge) is a cloud-managed solution provided by Alibaba Cloud to coordinate cloud and edge computing. This topic describes the background and features of managed edge Kubernetes clusters.
Managed edge Kubernetes clusters provide the following features to support the lifecycle management of containerized applications and resources in edge computing scenarios:
- Allows you to quickly create highly available edge Kubernetes clusters and provides the lifecycle management of edge Kubernetes clusters, such as scaling, upgrading, logging, and monitoring. You can perform the preceding operations in the ACK console.
- Supports access to various heterogeneous resources, such as data centers, IoT devices, and resources that are based on the x86 and ARM architectures. Hybrid scheduling of heterogeneous resources is also supported.
- Supports node autonomy and network autonomy to ensure the reliability of edge nodes and services in edge computing scenarios where the network connection is weak.
- Supports reverse tunneling for the management and maintenance of edge nodes.
- Provides cell-based management, cell-based deployment, and cell-based traffic management at the edge.