CloudMonitor blocks alert notifications based on the blacklist policy that you configure. To block alert notifications when the value of a metric that belongs to a cloud service reaches the threshold that you specify, add the metric to a blacklist policy.
PrerequisitesA threshold-based alert rule is created. For more information, see Create an alert rule.
Background informationCloudMonitor allows you to create blacklist policies only based on threshold metrics. You cannot create blacklist policies based on system events. For more information about the cloud services and the thresholds of the metrics that are supported by CloudMonitor, see Appendix 1: Metrics.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Alert Blacklists page, click Create Blacklist Policy.
- In the Create Blacklist Policy panel, configure parameters for the blacklist policy. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Name
The name of the blacklist policy.
Product The name of the cloud service. Instances The IDs of instances that belong to the specified cloud service. Separate multiple instance IDs with commas (,). Metric The metrics of the specified cloud service.
- If you add a metric, the blacklist policy takes effect only for the metric. Click the add (+) icon in the Metric section to add a metric. Repeat this step to add multiple metrics.
- If you do not configure this parameter, the blacklist policy takes effect for all metrics.
Specify Effective Period The time range in which the blacklist policy is effective.
Note You can specify only one time range for each blacklist policy. If you want the same blacklist policy to be effective in multiple time ranges, you must create multiple blacklist policies and specify different time ranges for the blacklist policies.
- If you select Specify Effective Period, you must specify a time range. The blacklist policy is effective only in the time range that you specify. Valid values:
- Absolute Time Range: The blacklist policy is effective only in the time range that you specify. You must specify the start time and the end time of the time range.
- Relative Time Range (Daily Cycle): The blacklist policy is effective in the specified time range every day. You can also specify the start date and the end date of a date range in which the blacklist policy is effective.
- If you do not configure the Specify Effective Period parameter, the blacklist policy is permanently effective.
Effective Scope The effective scope of the blacklist policy. Valid values:
- User: The blacklist policy takes effect only for the current Alibaba Cloud account.
- Group: The blacklist policy takes effect only for the specified application groups. If you select this option, you must specify one or more application groups.
Make sure that one or more application groups are created. For more information, see Create an application group.
- Click OK.