After you configure the account baseline, you can create an account in the account factory. The account automatically inherits the configurations of the account baseline. This helps you create controlled resource accounts, reduce the costs of account creation, and improve the efficiency of business delivery.
Before you create an account in the account factory, we recommend that you complete the configurations of the account baseline. For more information, see Configure the account baseline.
You can also apply the account baseline to an existing account. For more information, see Apply the account baseline to an existing account.
- Log on to the Cloud Governance Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Account Factory.
- On the Account Factory page, click Create Account in the Get Started with Account Factory section.
- In the Basic Information section, configure the basic information of the account.
- Account Name: the unique identifier of the account. The name cannot be modified after the account is created.
- Member Account Name: the name of the account that is displayed in the resource directory. The name can be modified after the account is created.
- Parent Folder: the folder in the resource directory to which the account belongs. You can change the folder after the account is created.
- In the Billing Method section, select a settlement method based on your business requirements.
Settlement method Description Supported feature Unsupported feature Finance Trusteeship Authorizes the main financial account to manage the financial assets, such as funds, bills, and invoices, of the created account. Contractual discount inheritance, centralized bill management, consolidated invoicing, payments that are made by the main financial account for other accounts, resource sharing, and tiered pricing for pay-as-you-go services Payments that are made by the managed accounts, the use of vouchers for the managed accounts, and budget control, such as balance transfer and credit control transfer, for the managed accounts Self-pay Allows the current account to pay and manage its own bills. Independent bill management, payments made by the current account, independent invoicing, and the use of vouchers. Contractual discount inheritance, budget control, payments made for other accounts, resource sharing, and tiered pricing for pay-as-you-go services.
- Optional:Configure other baseline items based on the account baseline. You need to configure only custom baseline items based on the account baseline, such as the Message baseline item. The account automatically inherits the configurations of specific baseline items. However, the corresponding configurations are not displayed on the page. For example, after you configure the RAM Password Policy baseline item, the account automatically inherits the configurations of the password policy, but the configurations are not displayed on the page.
- Click Create. On the Accounts tab of the Account Factory page, find the account that you created and click Details in the Actions column to view the progress of the account creation. You can also click the name of an account to view the details of the account.