Alibaba Cloud CDN supports the real-time monitoring feature. This feature allows you to query the basic information, back-to-origin traffic, and acceleration performance of an accelerated domain name. The basic information includes bandwidth, network traffic, the number of requests, and the number of queries per second. Real-time monitoring allows you to detect anomalies in network traffic and locate errors at the earliest opportunity.
Compared with regular resource monitoring, real-time monitoring supports a shorter maximum time range per query and a shorter maximum period of time within which historical data is available. For more information, see the following report.
- In the Alibaba Cloud CDN console:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data available Data delay 1 minute 1 hour 7 days 5 minutes 5 minutes 3 days 7 days 15 minutes
- Call API operations:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data available Data delay 1 minute 1 hour 7 days 5 minutes 5 minutes 3 days 93 days 15 minutes 1 hour 31 days 186 days 4 hours
Monitored items and metrics
- Real-time monitoring collects data based on the region or ISP that client IP addresses belong. Fees are calculated based on the amount of data transfer on CDN edge nodes, the amount of bandwidth resources consumed, and the number of requests in each billable region. The resource monitoring data and the billing data may be slightly different due to different collection methods. The line chart of real-time monitoring displays the trend of bandwidth usage. For more information about the metering data of bills, see Query resource usage.
- Data is collected and calculated by calling API operations. For more information, see the API references.
|Monitored item||Metrics||API operation|
|Basic Data||Monitors the bandwidth values, network traffic, number of requests, and number of queries per second for accelerated domain names.|
|Back-to-origin Statistics||Monitors the back-to-origin bandwidth and back-to-origin traffic for accelerated domain names.|
|Quality Monitoring||Monitors the cache ratios, byte hit ratios, HTTP 2xx status codes, HTTP 3xx status codes, HTTP 4xx status codes, and HTTP 5xx status codes for accelerated domain names.|
The actual traffic amount that you query by using the monitoring and usage analytics feature or the usage statistics feature in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console or Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) console or by calling API operations is different from the traffic amount that is logged. In most cases, the actual traffic amount that you query is 1.1 times the traffic amount that is logged. For more information, see Why is the traffic amount found by using the monitoring and usage analytics feature or the usage statistics feature different from the traffic amount that is logged?
Differences among resource usage query, resource monitoring, and real-time monitoring
- Resource usage query: Usage data is collected by POP. You can query resource usage data based on the billable region where the POP belongs to, such as Chinese mainland, Asia Pacific 1, and North America. For more information, see Resource usage.
- Resource monitoring and real-time monitoring: Monitoring data is collected based on client IP addresses. Each client IP address belongs to a region or an ISP. You can query monitoring data by region, ISP, or both. For more information, see Resource monitoring and Real-time monitoring.
Differences between resource monitoring and real-time monitoring
- Minimum data delay: Real-time monitoring has a lower data delay. The data delay for real-time monitoring is about 5 minutes with the query granularity of 1 minute, while the data delay for resource monitoring is about 15 minutes with the query granularity of 5 minutes.
- Minimum data granularity: Real-time monitoring supports smaller granularity. The minimum data query granularity for real-time monitoring is 1 minute, while the minimum query data granularity for resource monitoring is 5 minutes.
- Query by protocol: Resource monitoring supports more protocols. Resource monitoring supports data query by HTTP, HTTPS, QUIC, IPv4, and IPv6, while real-time monitoring does not.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Real-time Monitoring page, select the monitoring item and metric that you want to query and click Search. The system displays monitoring data based on the specified item and filter conditions. Then, you can analyze the data.