This topic describes how to use a local SSH client tool to log on to Bastionhost and access a host for which you want to perform O&M operations. Xshell is used as an example.
- An O&M tool that supports SSH, such as Xshell, SecureCRT, or PuTTY, is installed on your local host.
Bastionhost O&M addresses are obtained. You can obtain these addresses in the O&M Portals section on the Overview page of Bastionhost. For more information, see Log on to Bastionhost.
- Start the Xshell tool. Click the New icon on the File menu. In the Properties of New
Session dialog box that appears, click Connection in the left-side navigation pane and enter a Bastionhost O&M address and an SSH port
number in the General section.
The SSH port number is 60022 by default.
- Choose Connection > Authentication in the left-side navigation pane, enter the username and password used to access
Bastionhost, and click OK.
- Optional:If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for a RAM user, enter the verification
code obtained from the bound MFA device (the Alibaba Cloud app) in the two-step verification
dialog box that appears and click OK.
- On the asset management page that appears, select the host for which you want to perform
O&M operations by pressing the upward or downward arrow key, and press Enter to access
the target host for O&M.