This topic describes how to enable production studio.
You can enable the production video feature by creating a pay-as-you-go production studio instance. You can create pay-as-you-go production studio instances of the studio mode and playlist mode.
- Each account can create up to 50 production studio instances.To raise the quota of production studio instances, submit a ticket.
- production studio supports the pay-as-you-go billing method. You are charged based on the duration for which you use the feature. For more information about the billing method, see Billing of production studio instances.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created. For more information, see Create an Alibaba Cloud account.
- The ApsaraVideo Live and ApsaraVideo VOD services are activated. For more information, see Activate ApsaraVideo Live and purchase resource plans and Activate ApsaraVideo VOD.
- The type of the production studio instance that you want to create is determined. For more information about the types of product studio instances, see Overview.
Create a pay-as-you-go production studio instance
By default, the production studio feature is not enabled after you activate ApsaraVideo Live. In this case, no production studio instances exist.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo Live console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Production Studios, and then click Add Studio Instance.
- In the Create Pay-as-you-go Production Studio Instance dialog box, configure the parameters required to create a production studio instance.
Parameter Description Name Enter a name for the production studio. Different production studios can share the same name. Live Center Select the live center to which the production studio belongs.Note Production studios need to use media assets. Therefore, we recommend that you select a live center in which media assets are stored. Type Select a type for the production studio based on your business requirements:
- Playlist Mode: This type of production studios applies to carousel playback. You can call an API
operation to orchestrate on-demand files in an episode list and stream the episode
- To adapt to more playback modes in addition to carousel playback, create a production studio of the studio mode.
- Production studios of the playlist mode do not allow you to preview produced videos. Videos are pushed when they are produced.
- Studio Mode: This type of production studios applies to all scenarios and allows you to manage resources and components, switch videos, preview videos, and play standby videos. You can import live streams, on-demand files, images, and text to this type of production studios to produce new videos. Then, you can preview the produced videos and decide whether to push the videos for playback.
Billing Method By default, production studios that are created in this way use the pay-as-you-go billing method. You are charged based on the duration for which you use the production studios.
- Playlist Mode: This type of production studios applies to carousel playback. You can call an API operation to orchestrate on-demand files in an episode list and stream the episode list.
- Click Create. If you are adding a production studio for the first time, confirm the purchase of the production studio.
- Select I have read and agreed to the Agreement of Service for Pay-As-You-Go Production Studios, and then click Activate Now.
- After the production studio feature is enabled, click Manage Console. On the Production Studios page, you can view the production studio instance that you created.
What to do next