ApsaraVideo VOD allows you to store VOD resources by using Object Storage Service (OSS) buckets, without the need to activate OSS. You can quickly and easily build a VOD environment by using features such as video collection, upload, storage, transcoding, editing, production, distribution, and playback.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo VOD console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ApsaraVideo VOD console, choose .
- Enable a bucket.
After you activate ApsaraVideo VOD, you are assigned an independent bucket in each region. You must enable the bucket before you can upload and manage media resources in a region. Other configurations are not required.You can select a region in the upper-left corner of the page and then enable the bucket in the region.
- Specify the default bucket. If multiple buckets exist, you can specify one of them as the default bucket. To do so, click Set as Default in the Actions column of a bucket.
- Manage a bucket.
Click Manage in the Actions column of a bucket. The bucket management page appears.
- In the Basics section, view basic information about the bucket, such as the region and type.
- In the Permissions section, click Modify to modify the read and write permissions on the bucket.
By default, Read-write permission is set to Private Read and Write. This ensures the security of your VOD resources. You can configure this parameter based on your business requirements.
Buckets are provided by OSS. For more information, see What is OSS?The following table describes the values of the Read-write permission parameter.
Value Description Private Read and Write Only the bucket owner and authorized RAM users can read, write, and delete the objects in the bucket. Other users cannot access the objects in the bucket without authorization. Public Read and Private Write Only the bucket owner and authorized RAM users can write and delete the objects in the bucket. Everyone (including anonymous users) can read the objects in the bucket. Public Read and Write Everyone (including anonymous users) can read, write, and delete the objects in the bucket. The bucket owner must pay all the fees incurred by these operations.
- In the Origin Domain Name section, specify the default origin domain name.
If multiple origin domain names are configured for a bucket, click Set as Default next to one of the domain names. Information such as playback URLs is sent to this default domain name.
For information about how to configure origin domain names, see Domain management.
- Delete a bucket. If you no longer use a bucket, you can click Delete in the Actions column of the bucket to delete the bucket.Note You cannot delete buckets whose type is VOD Bucket.