If you no longer need a private endpoint or want to perform operations that are not supported in direct connection mode, you can release the private endpoint to disable the direct connection mode. For example, you can release the private endpoint to disable the direct connection mode before you change configurations or upgrade a major version.
- The instance has been allocated a private endpoint. For more information, see Enable the direct connection mode.
- The private endpoint configured in the application is changed to another available
endpoint, such as the internal endpoint in proxy mode. For more information, see View endpoints.
Warning After a private endpoint is released, the client cannot use it to connect to the instance. We recommend that you change the connection configuration in your application before you release the private endpoint.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the Connection Information section, click Release Endpoint next to Direct Connection.
- In the panel that appears, click OK.