This topic describes how to enable SSL encryption for an instance to enhance link security. After you enable SSL encryption, you must install SSL certificates that are issued by certificate authorities (CAs) on your application. SSL encryption can encrypt connections at the transport layer to increase data security and ensure data integrity.
- The instance uses local disks.
- The instance runs Redis 4.0 or 5.0 and uses the cluster architecture. For more information about cluster instances, see Cluster master-replica instances.
- An SSL certificate remains valid for one year. Before the used SSL certificate expires, you must update its validity period. In addition, you must download the required SSL certificate file and configure the certificate again. Otherwise, clients cannot connect to your instance over an encrypted connection.
- SSL encryption may increase the network latency of instances. We recommend that you enable this feature only when encryption needs arise. For example, you can enable SSL encryption if you connect to an instance over the Internet.
- After you enable SSL encryption for an instance, both SSL and non-SSL connections are supported.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance that you want to manage resides. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click SSL Settings.
- Perform one of the following operations.
Operation Description Enable or disable SSL encryption Turn on or off SSL Certificate. Modify the earliest TLS version supported by the instance Click SSL next to Minimum TLS version, select a TLS version from the drop-down list, and then click Save. The default value is TLSv1. Update the CA certificate Click Update Validity in the upper-right corner of the page and then click OK.
The CA certificate remains valid for one year. You can click Update Validity and then download and configure the CA certificate again. After the CA certificate is updated, it is valid for another year.
Download the CA certificate On the page that appears, click Download SSL Certificate in the upper-right corner.
- Q: What do I do if the error message "version not supported" appears?
A: You must update your instance to the latest minor version. For more information, see Update the minor version of an instance.
- Q: What files are included in the downloaded CA certificate? A: The downloaded CA certificate is a compressed package that consists of the following files:
- ApsaraDB-CA-Chain.p7b: This file is used to import the CA certificate into the Windows operating system.
- ApsaraDB-CA-Chain.pem: This file is used to import the CA certificate into other operating systems such as Linux or applications.
- ApsaraDB-CA-Chain.jks: This file stores truststore certificates of Java and is used to import the CA certificate chain into Java applications.
Methods to establish SSL connections
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceSSL||Modifies the SSL encryption settings for an instance.|