This topic describes the specifications of standard storage-optimized instances of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair), such as the memory capacity, the number of connections, and the bandwidth.
Purchase an instance
- storage-optimized instance
- Storage-optimized instances of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) are developed based on enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) and compatible with core data structures and interfaces of open source Redis. These instances can provide large-capacity, low-cost, and persistent database services. Storage-optimized instances reduce costs and improve data reliability. In addition, storage-optimized instances reduce the amount of reserved memory that is required for the forks of native Redis databases. These instances apply to scenarios that store warm and cold data, and that require compatibility with open source Redis, large capacity, and high access performance. For more information, see Storage-optimized instances.
- Alibaba Cloud ESSDs are ultra-high performance disks based on the next-generation distributed block storage architecture. For more information about the related terms and performance levels of ESSDs, see ESSDs.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS) is a high-performance, stable, reliable, and scalable
IaaS-level cloud computing service provided by Alibaba Cloud. For more information,
see What is ECS? Storage-optimized instances of ApsaraDB for Redis use g6e, a general-purpose ECS
instance family with enhanced performance. This instance family offloads a large number
of virtualization features to dedicated hardware with the use of the third-generation
X-Dragon architecture to provide predictable and consistent ultra-high performance
and reduce virtualization overheads. This instance family utilizes the fast path acceleration
feature of chips to improve storage performance, network performance, and computing
stability by an order of magnitude.
For more information about the instance families of ECS, see Instance families.
|InstanceClass value (used in API operations)||Specifications||System disk||Corresponding ECS instance type||Maximum connections||Maximum bandwidth (Gbit/s)|
|CPU cores||Memory (GB)||Range of storage capacity (GB)||ESSD capacity (GB)||ESSD performance level|
|tair.essd.standard.xlarge||4||16||60~130||40||PL1||ecs.g6e.xlarge||10,000||Burstable up to 0.625|
|tair.essd.standard.2xlarge||8||32||60~260||40||PL1||ecs.g6e.2xlarge||10,000||Burstable up to 0.625|
|tair.essd.standard.4xlarge||16||64||60~530||40||PL1||ecs.g6e.4xlarge||30,000||Burstable up to 0.625|
|tair.essd.standard.8xlarge||32||128||60~1030||40||PL1||ecs.g6e.8xlarge||30,000||Burstable up to 0.625|
|tair.essd.standard.13xlarge||52||192||60~1540||40||PL1||ecs.g6e.13xlarge||30,000||Burstable up to 0.625|
- Only standard master-replica instances are supported. For more information, see Standard master-replica instances.
- The underlying operating system and management service of a standard storage-optimized instance of ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) take up memory space. For this reason, the actual available memory of the instance is 75% to 90% of the memory size specified by the instance specifications.