ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to change the endpoints or port numbers of ApsaraDB for Redis instances. You can change the port number of an instance to improve security. You can also change the endpoint of a new instance to the endpoint of the original instance without the need to reconfigure your application.
After you change the endpoint or port number of an instance, you must update the connection information on your client. This way, the client can connect to the instance by using the new endpoint or port number.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- In the Connection Information section, find the connection type that you want to manage and click Modify Public Endpoint in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, enter a new endpoint and port number.
Parameter Description Endpoint
- You can modify only the prefix of the endpoint. By default, the prefix is the instance ID.
- The prefix must be 8 to 40 characters in length and can contain lowercase letters and digits. It must start with a lowercase letter.
Port When you modify the endpoint, you can also modify the port number. Valid values for the port number: 1024 to 65535.
- Click OK.
Related API operations
|ModifyDBInstanceConnectionString||Changes the endpoint and port number of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|