ApsaraDB for Redis supports data persistence. Backups are created based on the default backup policy. You can modify the policy as your needs change. You can also manually create temporary backups.
By default, ApsaraDB for Redis uses Redis database (RDB) snapshots to persist data. Data stored in memory is persisted to disks at points in time. Data retrieval is not affected when ApsaraDB for Redis creates backups.
When an instance backup is being created, another backup cannot be created. We recommend that you create another backup after the first backup is generated.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- Perform the operations that are described in the following table based on your business
Operation Procedure Modify the automatic backup policy
- In the upper-right corner, click Backup Settings.
- In the panel that appears, specify Backup Cycle and Backup Time.
- Retention Days: The number of days for which to retain backups. This parameter is automatically set to 7 and cannot be changed.
- Backup Cycle: The backup cycle. You can select one or more days of a week on which to back up data. By default, one backup is created per day.
- Backup Time: The period of time to back up data. You can specify one or more hours of a day during which to back up data. We recommend that you back up data during off-peak hours.
- Click OK.
Manually create a temporary backup
- Click Create Backup in the upper-right corner.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Related API operations
|CreateBackup||Manually creates a database backup for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|DescribeBackupPolicy||Queries the backup policy of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. The backup policy includes the backup cycle and backup time.|
|ModifyBackupPolicy||Modifies the backup policy of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|