To connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance, you must enter the internal or public endpoint and port number of the RDS instance. This topic describes how to view and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance in the ApsaraDB RDS console.
Change the internal or public endpoint and port number of an RDS instance
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Click Change Endpoint.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a connection type, enter the prefix of the
new endpoint, specify the port number, and then click OK. Note
- The prefix must start and end with a letter or a digit and can contain letters, digits, and hyphens (-).
- The prefix must contain at least 8 characters, and the total length of the endpoint cannot exceed 63 characters. The total length includes the prefix and suffix of the endpoint.
- The port number must be within the range of 1000 to 5999.
- After I change an endpoint or port number of my RDS instance, do I need to update
the endpoint or port number information on my application?
Yes, after you change an endpoint or port number of your RDS instance, you must update the endpoint or port number information on your application. Otherwise, your application cannot connect to your RDS instance.
- After I change an endpoint or port number of my RDS instance, is the change immediately
applied? Do I need to restart my RDS instance?
After you change an endpoint or port number of your RDS instance, the change is immediately applied. You do not need to restart your RDS instance.
- After I change or release an endpoint of my RDS instance, can the endpoint be used
for another RDS instance?
Yes, after you change or release an endpoint of your RDS instance, the endpoint can be used for another RDS instance.