To connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB instance, you must enter the internal or public endpoint and port number of the RDS instance. This topic describes how to view and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB instance in the ApsaraDB RDS console.
Change the internal or public endpoint and port number of an RDS instance
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Click Change Endpoint.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a connection type, enter the prefix of the new endpoint, specify the port number, and then click OK. Note
- The prefix can contain lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-). The prefix must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- The prefix must contain at least 8 characters, and the total length of the endpoint cannot exceed 63 characters. The total length includes the prefix and suffix of the endpoint.
- The port number must be a value within the range of 1000 to 65534.
- After I change an endpoint or port number of my RDS instance, do I need to update the endpoint or port number information on my application?
Yes, after you change an endpoint or port number of your RDS instance, you must update the endpoint or port number information on your application. Otherwise, your application cannot connect to your RDS instance.
- After I change an endpoint or port number of my RDS instance, is the change immediately applied? Do I need to restart my RDS instance?
After you change an endpoint or port number of your RDS instance, the change is immediately applied. You do not need to restart your RDS instance.
- After I change or release an endpoint of my RDS instance, can the endpoint be used for another RDS instance?
Yes, after you change or release an endpoint of your RDS instance, the endpoint can be used for another RDS instance.