This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance to a different vSwitch based on your business requirements.
Note For more information about how to switch an RDS instance that runs a different database engine to a different virtual private cloud (VPC) and a different vSwitch, see the following topics:
You can switch only an RDS instance that runs SQL Server 2008 R2 with standard or ESSDs to a different VPC.
- When your RDS instance is being switched to a different vSwitch, you may encounter a network interruption that lasts approximately 30 seconds. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- After your RDS instance is switched to a different vSwitch, the virtual IP addresses (VIPs) of your RDS instance change. We recommend that you connect your application to your RDS instance by using an endpoint. For more information, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- VIP changes interrupt the connection between your RDS instance and Data Management (DMS) and the connection between your RDS instance and Data Transmission Service (DTS) for a short period of time. After the VIPs are changed and your RDS instance is switched to a different vSwitch, the connections are automatically resumed.
- After your RDS instance is switched to a different vSwitch, you can only read data from your RDS instance. You cannot write data to your RDS instance due to the data that is cached on your database client. In this case, we recommend that you immediately clear the cache on your database client.
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Click Switch vSwitch.
- Select a VPC and a vSwitch. Then, click OK. Note
- You can switch the RDS instance only between the vSwitches that belong to the same zone.
- If you want to create a VPC or a vSwitch, you can click go to the VPC console.
- In the message that appears, click Switch.
|Change VPC or vSwitch||Switches an ApsaraDB RDS instance to a different VPC or a different vSwitch.|