This topic describes how to change the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- Your RDS instance is not using a phased-out instance type. For more information, see Primary ApsaraDB RDS instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you change the billing method of your RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. For more information, see Change the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- The billing method of your RDS instance is pay-as-you-go.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance has no unpaid subscription orders.
A billing method change for your RDS instance does not affect the workloads on your RDS instance.
- If your RDS instance has an unpaid subscription order, the order becomes invalid when you change the instance type. In this case, you must cancel the order in the Billing Management console. Then, you can change the billing method of your RDS instance again.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where your RDS instance resides.
- Find your RDS instance and use one of the following methods to go to the Switch to Subscription Billing page:
- Click Switch to Subscription Billing in the Billing Method column.
- Click the ID of your RDS instance. In the Status section of the page that appears, click Subscription Billing on the right of Billing Method.
- Configure the Duration parameter. Then, read and select Terms of Service.
- Click Pay Now. Note ApsaraDB RDS generates a subscription order. You must pay for the order. If the order is not paid or canceled, you cannot purchase an RDS instance or change the billing method of your RDS instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. You can pay for or cancel the order in the Billing Management console.
- Complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|