ApsaraDB RDS supports two types of endpoints: internal endpoints and public endpoints. By default, you are provided with an internal endpoint that is used to connect to your ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. If you want to connect to your RDS instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
For more information about how to apply for or release public endpoints for RDS instances that run other database engines, see the following topics:
Internal and public endpoints
Apply for or release a public endpoint
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- If you have not applied for a public endpoint, you can click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- If you have applied for a public endpoint, click Release Public Endpoint.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
- Am I charged for the use of a public endpoint?
You are not charged for the inbound or outbound Internet traffic that you consume for your subscription and pay-as-you-go RDS instances. Alibaba Cloud does not impose bandwidth limits on RDS instances.
- Can I change the endpoints and port numbers of my RDS instance?
You can change only the prefixes of the endpoints. You can change the port numbers of your RDS instance. For more information, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Can I configure the endpoints of my RDS instance to static IP addresses?
No, you cannot configure the endpoints of your RDS instance to static IP addresses. Both primary/secondary switchovers and specification changes may cause changes to the IP addresses. We recommend that you connect to your RDS instance by using an endpoint. This allows you to minimize the impact on your workloads and eliminates the need to modify the configuration data on your application.
- How do I connect to my RDS instance by using a public endpoint?
For more information, see Use a database client or the CLI to connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
|Apply for a public endpoint||Applies for a public endpoint for an instance.|
|Release a public endpoint||Releases the public endpoint of an instance.|