If you want to use a pay-as-you-go instance for a long period of time, you can change the billing method of the instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription and specify the subscription period based on your needs to reduce costs.
- The billing method of the instance is pay-as-you-go, and the instance is in the Running state.
- The instance has no unpaid subscription orders.
- The instance type is available for purchase. For more information about unavailable
instance types, see Instance types.
Note If you want to change the billing method of an instance whose instance type is unavailable to subscription, change the instance type first. For more information, see Overview.
- A subscription instance cannot be changed to a pay-as-you-go instance. To avoid wasting resources, we recommend that you confirm whether you want to proceed with changing the billing method before you perform the operation.
- A subscription instance cannot be released within the subscription period.
- If the instance has an unpaid subscription order, the order becomes invalid when you change the instance type. You can log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console, choose to cancel the order, and then change the billing method of the instance to subscription.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances or Sharded Cluster Instances.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance that you want to manage is deployed.
- Click in the Actions column corresponding to the instance and select Switch to Subscription.
- On the Switch to Subscription page, set Duration.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for MongoDB Agreement of Service and click Buy Now.
Note After you click Buy Now, the system generates a subscription order. You must pay for the order. You cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method to subscription until you pay for this order or cancel it. You can log on the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console and choose to pay for this order or cancel it.
- Complete the payment.