This topic describes how to create a cluster in the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Data Warehouse Edition (V3.0) tab, click Create Cluster in the upper-right corner.
- Set Product Type.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for pay-as-you-go clusters hourly based on your actual resource usage. We recommend that you select this option for short-term scenarios. To reduce costs, you can release pay-as-you-go clusters when they are no longer needed.
- Subscription: You must pay an upfront subscription fee when you create subscription clusters. We recommend that you select this option for long-term scenarios because it is more cost-effective than pay-as-you-go billing. The longer the subscription period, the higher the discount.
- Set the parameters and click Buy Now in the lower-right corner.
Parameter Description Version The version of the cluster. This parameter is automatically set to 3.0. You do not need to specify this parameter. Region The region in which the cluster is located. After a cluster is created, its region cannot be changed. To maximize the cluster access speed, we recommend that you select a region that is the closest geographically to your business. Zone The zone of the cluster. A zone is an independent physical area located within a region. No substantive differences exist between zones. Network Type The network type of the cluster. This parameter is automatically set to VPC. You do not need to specify this parameter.
A virtual private cloud (VPC) is an isolated network environment that provides enhanced security.
Make sure that the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster and the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance you want to connect to the cluster are deployed in the same VPC. Otherwise, the cluster and the ECS instance cannot communicate over the private network, and the performance of the cluster degrades.
- If you have created a VPC that meets your requirements, select the VPC. For example, if you have created an ECS instance and the VPC where the ECS instance is deployed meets your requirements, select the VPC.
- Otherwise, use the default VPC and vSwitch. For more information, see Default VPCs and default vSwitches.
- If the default VPC and vSwitch cannot meet your business requirements, you can create your own VPC and vSwitch. For more information about how to create a VPC and a vSwitch, see Create and manage a VPC.
Mode The mode of the cluster. Valid values: Elastic mode and Reserved mode. For more information about the differences between the modes, see FAQ. Edition The edition of the cluster. The following editions are supported:
Note The available editions vary based on the region you select. For more information, see Editions.
- If you select Elastic mode, Edition is automatically set to Elastic Cluster. You do not need to specify this parameter.
Elastic mode Elastic Cluster uses an architecture that separates computing resources from storage resources to provide capabilities such as flexible scaling, multi-tenant isolation, storage separation of cold and hot data, heterogeneous storage formats, and user programmable features. This enables flexible real-time analysis with high performance at low resource costs.
- If you select Reserved mode, Edition is automatically set to Reserved Cluster. You do not need to specify this parameter.
Reserved mode Reserved Cluster uses a high-availability architecture that consists of three replicas to provide you with the data reliability required in the finance industry. Reserved clusters can scale out nodes and scale up storage space within seconds. This allows you to read and write data in real time with higher throughput.
Instance Type The instance type of the cluster. The following instance types are supported:
- If you select Elastic mode, Instance Type is automatically set to E32. You do not need to specify this parameter.
- If you select Reserved mode, you can set Instance Type to C8 or C32.
For more information, see Editions.
Computing Resources The computing resources of the cluster. Computing resources are used for data computing. The increase of computing resources can speed up data queries.Note This parameter is valid only when Mode is set to Elastic mode. Hot Data Storage Space Description
Cold Data Storage Space Description
You are charged for the actual amount of storage space consumed by hot and cold data. You do not need to purchase storage space in advance. The following section describes hot and cold data:
- Hot data is frequently accessed. Hot data is stored in enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) to provide high I/O performance and deliver high-performance access.
- Cold data is infrequently accessed. Cold data is cost-effective because it is stored in HDDs.
For more information, see Separation of hot and cold data storage.Note This parameter is valid only when Mode is set to Elastic mode.
Node Groups The number of node groups. By default, each node group consists of three nodes (replicas).Note This parameter is valid only when Mode is set to Reserved mode. Capacity The storage capacity of a node group. If you purchase multiple node groups, you can use the following formula to calculate the total storage capacity: Total storage capacity = Storage capacity of a single node group × Number of node groups.Note This parameter is valid only when Mode is set to Reserved mode. Duration The subscription period of the cluster.Note This parameter is valid only when Product Type is set to Subscription.
- Complete the subsequent operations based on the specified Product Type parameter.
Note After you complete the payment, it takes about 20 minutes to create the cluster. Then, the newly created cluster is displayed on the Data Warehouse Edition (V3.0) tab.
- On the Confirm Order page, confirm your order information. Read the AnalyticDB for MySQL (Subscription) Agreement of Service and select I have read and agree to AnalyticDB for MySQL (Subscription) Agreement of Service. Then, click Pay.
- On the Purchase page, confirm the information of the unpaid order and the payment method, and click Purchase.
On the Confirm Order page, confirm your order information. Read the AnalyticDB for MySQL (Pay-As-You-Go) Agreement of Service and select I have read and agree to AnalyticDB for MySQL (Pay-As-You-Go) Agreement of Service. Then, click Activate Now.