Alibaba Cloud CDN supports HTTPS secure acceleration. You can upload a custom SSL certificate or select an SSL certificate from Certificate Management Service in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. SSL certificates are required if you want to enable HTTPS to ensure the security of data transmission. This topic describes how to configure and renew an SSL certificate.
- An SSL certificate is prepared. If you want to purchase an SSL certificate, you can log on to the Certificate Management Service console to apply for a free certificate or purchase a certificate from a certificate authority (CA).
- If you want to use a custom certificate, it must be in a valid format. For more information, see Certificate formats.
SSL certificates are classified into different types based on vetting and verification requirements. Different types provide different levels of security and are suitable for different websites. For more information, see What is Certificate Management Service?.
PEMformat are supported. If your SSL certificate is not in
PEMformat, you must convert it to
PEM. For more information, see Convert certificate formats.
- The CRT file extension is short for certificate. The certificate may be in PEM or Distinguished Encoding Rules (DER) format. Before you convert the format of a certificate, check whether the certificate needs to be converted into other formats.
- PEM is a text format. It starts with " -----BEGIN ***-----" and ends with "-----END ***-----". The content between these lines is encoded in Base64. Both the certificate and private key can be saved in this format. To distinguish a certificate from a private key, the extension of a private key file that is in PEM format is
Configure or renew an SSL certificate
HTTPS secure acceleration is a value-added service. After you enable HTTPS, you are charged based on the number of HTTPS requests. You cannot use data transfer plans to offset the fees. For more information about the pricing of HTTPS secure acceleration, see Billing of HTTPS requests for static content.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose HTTPS Center.
- On the Certificate Center page, click Add Certificate.
- On the Add Certificate page, set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Certificate Source Certificate Source supports the following options. You can switch between the options.
- SSL Certificates Service
You can apply for certificates of various CAs and types in the Certificate Management Service console.
- Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key)If you cannot find a certificate that meets your requirements from the certificate list, upload a custom certificate. You must enter the certificate name, the public key, and the private key of the certificate. The certificate is saved to Certificate Management Service. You can check the certificate on the SSL Certificates page.Note
- If the system prompts that the certificate already exists when you upload a custom certificate with a private key, change the certificate name and try again.
- If you do not want to expose your private key to environments other than Alibaba Cloud CDN, you can use the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) tool provided by Certificate Management Service to generate a CSR and a private key based on algorithms such as Rivest–Shamir–Adleman (RSA), Elliptic-curve cryptography (ECC), and ShangMi2 (SM2). You can also upload an existing CSR.
Certificate NameYou must specify a certificate name if Certificate Source is set to one of the following values:
- SSL Certificates Service
- Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key)
Certificate (Public Key)
You must set Certificate (Public Key) if you set Certificate Source to Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key). For more information, see the PEM Encoding Reference below the Certificate (Public Key) field.
Private Key You must set Private Key if you set Certificate Source to Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key). For more information, see the PEM Encoding Reference below the Private Key field.
- SSL Certificates Service
- Click Next.
- Associate one or more domain names with the certificate. Note
- If a selected domain name is already associated with a certificate, the existing certificate will be replaced by the selected certificate in this step.
- If you set Certificate Source to SSL Certificates Service or Custom Certificate (Certificate+Private Key), you can renew or deploy the specified certificate for multiple domain names at a time.
- Click OK to deploy or update the certificate.
Check whether HTTPS takes effect
Related API operations
|CreateCdnCertificateSigningRequest||Create a certificate signing request (CSR).|
|DescribeDomainCertificateInfo||Queries the certificate information about an accelerated domain name.|
|SetDomainServerCertificate||Enables or disables the certificate of a domain name, and modifies the certificate information.|
|SetCdnDomainCSRCertificate||Configures an SSL certificate for a specified domain name.|
|DescribeCdnDomainByCertificate||Queries accelerated domain names by SSL certificate.|
|DescribeCdnCertificateDetail||Queries the detailed information about an SSL certificate.|
|DescribeCdnCertificateList||Queries information about certificates.|
|DescribeCertificateInfoByID||Queries the information about a specified SSL certificate.|
|BatchSetCdnDomainServerCertificate||Enables or disables the certificates of domain names, and modifies the certificate information.|
|DescribeCdnHttpsDomainList||Queries the information about the SSL certificates within your Alibaba Cloud account.|
|DescribeUserCertificateExpireCount||Queries the number of domain names whose SSL certificates are about to expire or have already expired.|
|SetCdnDomainSMCertificate||Enables or disables a ShangMi (SM) certificate for a domain name.|
|DescribeCdnSMCertificateList||Queries the SM certificates of an accelerated domain name.|
|DescribeCdnSMCertificateDetail||Queries the details about an SM certificate.|