Sandboxed-Container is an alternative to the Docker runtime. Sandboxed-Container allows you to run applications in a sandboxed and lightweight virtual machine that has a dedicated kernel. This enhances resource isolation and improves security.
Sandboxed-Container is suitable in scenarios such as untrusted application isolation, fault isolation, performance isolation, and load isolation among multiple users. Sandboxed-Container provides enhanced security, has minor impacts on application performance, and offers the same user experience as Docker in terms of logging, monitoring, and elastic scaling.
- Strong isolation based on sandboxed and lightweight virtual machines.
- Compatibility with runC in terms of application management.
- High performance that corresponds to 90% the performance of applications based on runC.
- Apsara File Storage NAS (NAS) file systems, Alibaba Cloud disks, and OSS buckets can be mounted to sandboxed containers through virtio-fs. NAS file systems can also be directly mounted to sandboxed containers.
- The same user experience as runC in terms of logging, monitoring, and storage.
- Supports RuntimeClass (runC and runV). For more information, see RuntimeClass.
- Ease of use with minimum technical skill requirements.
- Higher stability compared with the open source Kata Containers runtime. For more information about Kata Containers, see Kata Containers.