Resource Management provides a collection of resource management services that support enterprise IT administration. The services include Resource Directory, Resource Group, and Tag. Resource Management allows you to build an organizational structure for resources based on your business requirements. You can use the Resource Directory, Resource Group, and Tag services to hierarchically organize and manage your resources.
Resource Directory allows you to manage the relationships among multiple levels of enterprise resources (accounts).
It helps you establish an organizational structure for the resources that are used by your enterprise applications. This way, you can plan, build, and manage the resources in a centralized manner.
After you enable a resource directory, you can consolidate the accounts of your enterprise into it to establish multi-level relationships for accounts and resources. This meets your financial, audit, security, and compliance requirements.
Applications such as billing, settlement, operation tracking, and compliance audits are interconnected with Resource Directory. This enables Resource Directory to provide an increasing number of data services.
Resource Directory can be used in the following ways:
- Resource Management console
- OpenAPI Explorer
Resource Group allows you to sort resources owned by your Alibaba Cloud account into groups. This simplifies the resource and permission management under your Alibaba Cloud account. Resource Group enables you to perform the following operations:
- Create resource groups to manage resources in multiple regions under your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Set an administrator for each resource group. Each administrator manages the resources in the resource group for which they are responsible.
- View billing statements by resource group to facilitate cost allocation.
Tags are used to identify cloud resources. The tags allow you to categorize, search for, and aggregate resources that have the same characteristics from different dimensions. This facilitates resource management.
Tags have the following characteristics:
- You can manage all tags in the same console.
- You can manage tags in a visualized manner.
- You can search for all tags and the resources to which tags are added on the Tags page of the Resource Management console.
A tag consists of a tag key and a tag value. You can create tags and bind them to resources to perform the following tasks:
- Search for resources in a rapid manner.
- Implement automated operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Control access to resources.
- Analyze the data stored in Log Service in a rapid manner.