Resource Management provides a collection of resource management services that support enterprise IT administration. The services include Resource Directory, Resource Group, Resource Sharing, and Tag. Resource Directory allows you to build an organizational structure for resources based on your business requirements. Resource Group and Tag allow you to hierarchically manage the resources. Resource Sharing allows the members in the organizational structure to share the resources.
Resource Directory allows you to manage the relationships among multiple levels of accounts used by your enterprise.
Resource Directory helps you establish an organizational structure for the accounts that are used by your enterprise. This way, you can plan, build, and manage the resources that are used by your enterprise applications in a centralized manner.
After you enable a resource directory, you can consolidate the accounts used by your enterprise into it to establish multi-level relationships for accounts and resources. Then, you can manage resources in a centralized manner based on the relationships. This helps you meet the requirements for finance, security, audit, and compliance.
Applications such as billing, settlement, operation tracking, and compliance audits are interconnected with Resource Directory. This enables Resource Directory to provide an increasing number of business-based data services.
Resource Group allows you to sort resources owned by your Alibaba Cloud account into groups. This simplifies the resource and permission management within your Alibaba Cloud account.
Resource Group enables you to perform the following operations:
- Create resource groups to manage the resources of your Alibaba Cloud account in multiple regions.
- Specify an administrator for each resource group. Each administrator manages the resources in the resource group for which they are responsible.
- View billing statements by resource group to facilitate cost allocation.
Resource Sharing allows you to share the resources that belong to your Alibaba Cloud account with other accounts and access the resources shared by other accounts. The following descriptions provide detailed explanations:
- To share your resources with other accounts, you can create resource shares. Then, add the resources and the accounts with which you want to share the resources to the resource shares.
- If other resource owners share resources with you, you can access these resources without confirmation and perform specific operations on them. The operations you can perform vary based on the resource type.
Tags are used to identify cloud resources. The tags allow you to categorize, search for, and aggregate resources that have the same characteristics from different dimensions. This facilitates resource management.
The Tag service allows you to perform the following operations:
- Manage all tags in the same console.
- Manage tags in a visualized manner.
- Search for all tags and the resources to which tags are added on the Tag page of the Resource Management console.
A tag consists of a tag key and a tag value. You can create tags, add them to resources, and then perform the following tasks:
- Search for resources in a rapid manner.
- Implement automated O&M.
- Control access to resources.
- Analyze the data stored in Log Service in a rapid manner.