This topic describes how to create a RAM role for a trusted Alibaba Cloud account. You can create a RAM role for three types of trusted entities: trusted Alibaba Cloud accounts, trusted Alibaba Cloud services, and trusted identity providers (IdPs).
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click RAM Roles.
- Click Create RAM Role, select Alibaba Cloud Account, and then click Next.
- Enter a RAM role name and description.
- Select a trusted Alibaba Cloud account and click OK.
Note If you select Other Alibaba Cloud Account, you must enter the account ID.
What to do next
After you create a RAM role, you can click Add Permissions to RAM Role to grant permission to this role. For more information, see Grant permission to a RAM role.