You can create RAM roles for three types of trusted entity: Alibaba Cloud account, Alibaba Cloud service, and identity provider (IdP). This topic describes how to create a RAM role for a trusted Alibaba Cloud account.
- Log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click RAM Roles.
- On the RAM Roles page, click Create RAM Role.
- In the Create RAM Role pane, set the Trusted Entity Type parameter to Alibaba Cloud Account, and then click Next.
- Specify the RAM Role Name and Note parameters.
- Select Current Alibaba Cloud Account in the Select Trusted Alibaba Cloud Account field and click OK. Note If you select Other Alibaba Cloud Account, you must enter the ID of the Alibaba Cloud account.
What to do next
After you create a RAM role, the RAM role has no permissions by default. You can click Add Permissions to RAM Role to grant permissions to the RAM role. For more information, see Grant permissions to a RAM role.