This topic describes how to change the billing method of an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription after you purchase that instance.
- You cannot change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go. To optimize your cost plan, we recommend that you evaluate your usage model carefully before you change the billing method to subscription.
- You can upgrade the specifications of your subscription instance during the subscription period. However, you cannot release your subscription instance nor can you downgrade its specifications.
- Subscription billing immediately takes effect after you change the billing method of your instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- After you change the billing method of your instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription, the system generates a subscription order. Subscription billing takes effect after you pay the subscription fee. If you do not pay for this order, an unpaid order is displayed on the Orders page. In this situation, you cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method of another instance until you pay the unpaid balance.
- The billing method of the instance is pay-as-you-go and the instance is in the Running state.
- The instance does not have an unpaid balance.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- Find the target instance and click Subscription Billing in the Action column.
- On the order confirmation page, specify a Purchase Cycle, read and select Agreement of Service, and click Activate.
- On the Orders page, click Confirm Payment.