Simple Application Server provides fixed monthly data transfer quotas in its server plans. Simple application servers may continue to transfer data after they deplete the data transfer quotas in their plans. This topic describes how excess data transfers are billed and how the state of a simple application server for which a payment is overdue changes.
- For each simple application server, outbound data transfers over the Internet are charged and inbound data transfers over the Internet are not.
- Outbound data transfers from a simple application server to another Alibaba Cloud service over the Internet are first counted against the monthly data transfer quota included in the server plan. If the quota is already depleted, you are charged additionally for the excess data transfers.
- Data transfers between simple application servers within the same virtual private cloud (VPC) are free of charge.
Data transfer quotas
- The quota takes effect only on the server and is not shared by other servers.
- Alibaba Cloud resets the data transfer quota for the server on the first day of each calendar month. After the quota is reset, the server begins to calculate its data transfer volume from zero again.
- When the quota usage exceeds 50%, 80%, or 95%, Alibaba Cloud sends you a notification.
Note You can also view the quota usage in the Simple Application Server console. For more information, see the "Example: View the data transfer details of a server" section in View server information.
- Some plans do not include monthly data transfer quotas. For example, you can have a plan that consists of 1 vCPU, 1 GB memory, a 1 Mbit/s bandwidth, and a 20 GB standard SSD but no monthly data transfer quota. These plans impose limits only on public bandwidths. Data transfers are not counted against the plans.
Excess data transfers
After the monthly data transfer quota of a simple application server is depleted, excess data transfers from the server are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis and automatically paid for by using your default payment method. For more information, see Billable items.
Payment and overdue payment for excess data transfers
Excess data transfers use the pay-as-you-go billing method and are billed and paid for on the hour. Make sure that you have sufficient account balance to pay for excess data transfers by using your default payment method. Otherwise, the payment becomes overdue and Alibaba Cloud will remind or notify you.
- Before the server expires, it is stopped and disabled due to the overdue payment and you can re-enable the server anytime after you complete the payment.
- Fifteen days after the server expires, it enters the Disabled state. When the server is in the Disabled state, its data will be retained for a 15-day period. You must renew the server and complete the payment before you can re-enable the server. If you do not renew the server within this period, the server is released and its data cannot be recovered. For more information, see Renew a server.