This topic describes the traffic pricing of Simple Application Server and relevant precautions.
- Simple Application Server subscription plans provide traffic quotas on a monthly basis. Traffic within the quota of a plan is free of charge. The overage pricing of a plan is based on the traffic that exceeds the quota.
- You are charged for outbound traffic, whereas inbound traffic is free of charge.
- Traffic among application servers within a virtual private cloud (VPC) is free of charge. You are charged an extra fee for the public outbound traffic between Simple Appliance Server and another Alibaba Cloud service.
- For more information about the overage pricing of a plan, see Pricing.
- You are not separately charged for bandwidth usage. For example, in a plan that offers 1 vCPU, 1 GB memory, 1 Mbit/s bandwidth, and 20 GB disk space, you are not separately charged for the amount of data transferred at a bandwidth of 1 Mbit/s.
Simple Application Server subscription plans provide traffic quotas for each calendar month. The traffic quota of an application server cannot be shared with other application servers. In most cases, the traffic quota can meet your requirements for data transmission. The traffic quota of a plan is reset on the first day of each month. After the traffic quota is reset, the remaining quota from the previous month does not roll over.
After the traffic quota is exhausted for the current month, the billing method changes to pay-by-traffic, and overage fees are deducted from your account balance.
If the traffic quota of a plan is exhausted and your account balance is insufficient to pay for overage bills, the payment becomes overdue and your application server becomes unavailable. To resume your application server, settle the unpaid bills.
View traffic usage
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- On the Servers page, click the application server that you want to view.
- The Overview page appears. In the Server Monitoring section, view the traffic usage (Used/Total).
- Click Details to view the daily traffic usage of the application server.
- Log on to the Billing Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Usage Records.
- Configure parameters such as Product, Billing Method, and Time Period, and click Export CSV.
- On the Export Record page, wait until the file status changes to Exported and click Download in the Actions column.
You can view the traffic usage details in the downloaded file.