The first step in using IoT Platform is to create products and devices. A product is a collection of devices that typically have the same features. You can manage devices in batch by managing the corresponding product.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- Create a product.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Products page, click Create Product.. On the
- Enter all the required information and then click Save.
The parameters are described as follows:
Parameter Description Product Name In this example, the product is named as TestBulb. The product name must be unique within the account.
A Product name is 4 to 30 characters in length, and can contain Chinese characters, English letters, digits and underscores. A Chinese character counts as two characters.
Category In this example, the product category is Custom category indicating that features of the product is self-defined. Node Type In this example, the node type is Device.
- Device: Indicates that devices of this product cannot be mounted with sub-devices. This kind of devices can connect to IoT Platform directly or as sub-devices of gateway devices.
- Gateway: Indicates that devices of this product connect to IoT Platform directly and can be mounted with sub-devices. A gateway can manage sub-devices, maintain topological relationships with sub-devices, and synchronize topological relationships to IoT Platform.
Network Connection Method Select a network connection method for the devices. In this example, WiFi is selected. Data Type Select a format in which devices exchange data with IoT Platform. In this example, ICA Standard Data Format (Alink JSON) is selected.
ICA Standard Data Format (Alink JSON): The standard data format defined by IoT Platform for device and IoT Platform communication.
Product Description Describe the product information. You can enter up to 100 characters.
- Create a device.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- On the device management page, click Add Device. Select a product to which the device to be created belongs, and then enter a name for the device (DeviceName). Click OK.
- Click Learn More to vew the device certificate information. The certificate information includes ProductKey, DeviceName, and DeviceSecret. Keep this information confidential, because it is the certificate that will be used for device authentication when the device is connecting to IoT Platform.