When you use IoT Platform, you must first create a product, create a device that belongs to the product, and obtain the device certificate. The certificate information includes the ProductKey, DeviceName, and DeviceSecret.
- A product indicates a collection of devices that have the same features. You can manage devices in batches based on products. For more information, see Define TSL models and Edit a topic category.
- Each actual device must correspond to an IoT Platform device. You must burn a device certificate (ProductKey, DeviceName, and DeviceSecret) that is issued by IoT Platform to a device. Then, use the certificate to authenticate the device when you connect the device to IoT Platform. For more information, see Obtain device certificates.
This article describes how to create a street lamp product, create a street lamp device, and then obtain a device certificate in the IoT Platform console.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- On the Create Product page, set the parameters and click OK.
In this example, set the Product Name parameter to StreetLamp. For other parameters, use the default values.
- In the Create Product dialog box, click Add.
- On the Device List tab, click Add Device. Set the DeviceName parameter to device1, set the Alias parameter to device1, and then click OK.
For more information, see Create a device.In the The devices have been added dialog box, click Learn More or Copy Device Certificate to obtain the device certificate.
A device certificate consists of a ProductKey, a DeviceName, and a DeviceSecret. A device certificate is the credential that a device uses to communicate with IoT Platform. We recommend that you keep your device certificates confidential.
Parameter Description ProductKey The ProductKey of the product to which the device belongs. The ProductKey is the GUID that is issued by IoT Platform to the product. DeviceName The DeviceName of the device, which is the unique identifier of the device within the product. A combination of the DeviceName and ProductKey is used as the device identifier. IoT Platform authenticates the device and communicates with the device based on the device identifier. DeviceSecret The DeviceSecret of the device, which is issued by IoT Platform for device authentication and encryption. The DeviceSecret must be used in combination with the DeviceName.