This topic describes how to create a customer gateway. You can use a customer gateway to establish an IPsec-VPN connection between a virtual private cloud (VPC) and a data center or between two VPCs. After you create a customer gateway, you can update the information about a gateway device in the data center to Alibaba Cloud. Then, you can connect the customer gateway to a VPN gateway. A customer gateway can connect to multiple VPN gateways.
- Log on to the VPN Gateway console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create the customer
gateway. Note Make sure that the customer gateway and the VPN gateway to be connected belong to the same region.
- On the Customer Gateways page, click Create Customer Gateway.
- On the Create Customer Gateway page, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Name
Enter a name for the customer gateway.
The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). It must start with a letter.
IP Address Enter the static public IP address of the gateway device in the data center. ASN Enter the autonomous system number of the gateway device in the data center. Description
Enter a description for the customer gateway.
The description must be 2 to 256 characters in length. It cannot start with
To create multiple customer gateways at a time, click the icon below Description.