This topic describes how to use CloudMonitor to monitor the intranet and internal VPC services, specifically helping you closely manage the availability of ECS services, the connectivity of ECS to RDS and Redis instances, and the responsiveness of SLB instances in a VPC.
Before you can begin to monitor the intranet, you will need to install a CloudMonitor agent on your server and create monitoring tasks in the CloudMonitor console, selecting the server on which the agent is installed as the detection source, and configure the target URL or port. The principle behind these prerequisites and the procedure that follows is to allow the detection source to send an HTTP request or a Telnet request through the agent and collect the response time and status codes, so that this data can be sent to CloudMonitor for alarm and visualization monitoring purposes.
Monitor the intranet
- The CloudMonitor agent has been installed on the detection source.
- You have created an application group and added the detection source to the group.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor Console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Groups page, click the application group for which you want to create an availability monitoring task.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Availability Monitoring.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create Configuration.
- To monitor the responsiveness of a local ECS process in a VPC, select the target ECSs to be monitored as Target Server and enter the addresses in localhost:port/path format as Detection Target.
- To monitor the responsiveness of the SLB in a VPC, select an ECS that is located in the VPC as Target Server and enter the SLB address as Detection Target.
- To monitor the responsiveness of the RDS or Redis used in the ECS backend in a VPC, add the RDS or Redis in the VPC to the application group, select the corresponding ECS as Target Server, and select RDS or Redis instances as Detection Target.
- Click OK. Then, you can view the detection results in the corresponding monitoring chart of the task. If detection fails, you will receive an alarm notification.
- Click Monitoring Charts of a task to view the monitoring details.