This topic describes how to create an ECS Bare Metal instance.
Follow the steps in creating an instance by using the wizard to create an ECS Bare Metal instance. However, the following configurations are recommended:
- Region: Currently, ECS Bare Metal instances are available in the following regions and zones: China (Shanghai), Zone D, China (Beijing), Zone C, China (Hangzhou), Zone G, and China (Shenzhen), Zone D.
- Instance Type: In ebmhfg5, ebmc4, and ebmg5 type families are available. For more information about instance types, see instance type families.
- Image: The following public images are supported.
Operating system Image Linux
- CentOS 7.2/7.3/7.4/6.9/6.8 64-bit
- Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 64-bit
- Debian 8.9/9.2 64-bit
- openSUSE 42.3 64-bit
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2 64-bit
- 2016 Data Center Edition 64-bit Chinese Edition
- 2016 Data Center Edition 64-bit English Edition
- 2012 R2 Data Center Edition 64-bit Chinese Edition
- 2012 R2 Data Center Edition 64-bit English Edition
- Storage: ECS Bare Metal instances support up to 16 data disks. You can add a data disk during or after instance creation, and then mount the data disk.
- Network Type: Only VPC is supported.