If necessary, you can change the instance type of a pay-as-you-go instance, including the vCPU and memory specifications.
- Select Retain Instance and Continue Charging After Instance is Stopped for the stop mode when you attempt to stop the instance.
- Stopping an instance may cause service interruptions. We recommend that you perform this operation during off-peak hours.
- You can change the instance type of an instance multiple times. However, the interval between two consecutive operations must be at least five minutes.
- Not all instance families allow for changes in instance type. For information about the instance families that support instance type changes and the rules for instance type changes, see Instance type changes.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target pay-as-you-go instance. Click Change Instance Type in the Actions column.
- Select a new instance type, verify the price, and then click Change.
- Start the pay-as-you-go instance.
The new instance type takes effect immediately.