This topic describes how to configure a backup schedule. When you configure a backup schedule, you can specify the database or table to be backed up, backup frequency, storage method, and backup cycle.
- A backup schedule is purchased. For more information, see Purchase a backup schedule.
- An account of the database to be backed up is prepared, and the required permissions on the database account are obtained. For more information, see Account permissions.
- A backup gateway is installed if you want to perform a physical backup. For more information, see Add a backup gateway.
This topic describes only a general procedure for configuring backup schedules. The specific configuration procedure varies based on database engines. For more information about configuration examples for different database engines, see Backup and restore scenarios.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, find the ID of the backup schedule that you want to configure and click Configure Backup Schedule in the Actions column.
- In the Configure Backup Source and Destination step of the Configure Backup Schedule wizard, configure the backup source and destination, and click Next in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the Edit Backup Objects step, find the database or table that you want to back up and add it to the Selected section. Then, click Next.
- Logical backup: DBS allows you to back up a single table, a single database, multiple databases, or an entire database instance.
- Physical backup: You must back up an entire database instance.
- In the Configure Backup Time step, configure the backup time and click Next in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the Edit Lifecycle step, configure the retention period for full backup data in the Configure Full Data Backup Lifecycle section.
Note If you select Enable for the Incremental Backup parameter, you must also configure the retention period for incremental backup data.
- After the configuration is complete, click Precheck in the lower-right corner of the page.
- If the Precheck Passed message appears, click Start Task.
Note When the status of the backup schedule changes to Running, the backup schedule takes effect.