This topic describes how to configure a backup schedule. You can configure a backup schedule by configuring the backup information such as the database or table, backup frequency, storage method, and backup duration.
- A backup schedule is purchased. For more information, see Purchase a backup schedule.
- A database account is prepared.
Note You must clarify the required permissions of the database account. For more information, see Database permissions.
- For a physical backup, you must add a backup gateway. For more information, see How to add a backup gateway.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, click Configure Backup Schedule in the Actions column corresponding to the backup schedule that you purchased.
- In the Configure Backup Source and Destination step of the Configure Backup Schedule wizard, configure the backup source and destination
and click Next in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the Edit Backup Objects step, find the database or table that you want to back up in the Available section.
Click the right arrow to add the selected database or table to the Selected section. Then, click Next.Note If you back up an entire database, the permission data and stored procedures are also backed up.
- In the Configure Backup Time step, set the parameters as described in the following table and click Next.
- In the Edit Lifecycle step, configure the lifecycle for a full data backup in the Configure Full Data Backup
Lifecycle section.Note If you select Enable for the Real-Time Transaction Log Backup parameter, you must configure the backup time for incremental backup data.
- After the configuration is complete, click Precheck in the lower-right corner of the page.
- If the Precheck Passed message appears, click Start Task.Note When the Status of the backup schedule changes to Running, the backup schedule takes effect.