You can create a preemptible instance in the ECS console. This document describes the steps and relevant operations.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Instances.
- Click Create Instance.
- Select Preemptible Instance for Billing Method.
- Set the Single instance price limit.
You need to enter the maximum price you are willing to pay. When your bid is higher than the current market transaction price, the instance starts to run. Eventually, the market transaction price is charged for the instance.
- Select or enter the number of instances to purchase.
- Complete other settings. For more information, see create an instance by using the wizard.
- After the order is confirmed, click Create Instance.
After a preemptible instance is created, you can view its information in the instance list. A preemptible instance is marked as a Pay-As-You-Go-Preemptible Instance. After opening the instance details page, you can view the bidding policy set during instance creation in the Payment Information area.