This topic describes how to quickly get started with Alibaba Cloud Resource Access Management (RAM).
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created. If not, create one before proceeding. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, click Create a new Alibaba Cloud account.
- The RAM service is activated, and you can log on to the RAM console. If the RAM service is not activated, activate the service before proceeding. For more information, see Activation methods.
Operations in the RAM console
- Set a security policy to protect your Alibaba Cloud account. For more information, see Set a security policy for RAM users.
- Create a RAM user. For more information, see Create a RAM user. A RAM user is an entity that you create in Alibaba Cloud to represent the person or application to interact with Alibaba Cloud.
- Create a RAM user group to classify and organize RAM users under your Alibaba Cloud account for easier user and permission management. For more information, see Create a RAM user group.
- Grant permission to a RAM user so that the user can access Alibaba Cloud resources. For more information, see Grant permission to a RAM user.
- Create a custom policy to perform more precise control. For more information, see Create a custom policy.
- Log on the RAM console as a RAM user to access Alibaba Cloud resources and perform necessary operations. For more information, see Log on to the console as a RAM user.
What to do next
You can visit the RAM Learning Path for the knowledge you need to become a RAM expert.