You can upgrade your DRDS instance to the latest version to immediately experience the new features. This topic describes how to upgrade the instance version of DRDS in the console.
- Before you upgrade your instance, perform comprehensive verification on an instance of the recommended version in advance to prevent SQL compatibility issues. We recommend that you initiate a change evaluation for verification.
- You cannot perform other operations during the upgrade, such as database creation and smooth scale-out.
- You can roll back an upgraded instance within 24 hours, but you cannot change the configurations. To roll back the instance after the rollback time expires, you must Submit a ticket.
- Transient connection errors occur and a few errors are reported during the upgrade. We recommend that you perform the upgrade during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the DRDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the Common Operations area, click Version Upgrade.
- In the dialog box that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Performance Evaluation You can choose to Open or Close performance evaluation.Note Performance evaluation has specific impact on the instance performance. We recommend that you evaluate the instance performance during off-peak hours. Version series Select the version that you want in the Version series drop-down list for the upgrade.
- Click Change assessment.Note If you do not find the Change assessment button in the console, it indicates that this feature is not supported in the current region where the instance resides. You can skip the following steps and click One-click Change to upgrade your version.
- In the upper-right corner of the Basic Information page of the instance, click the icon to check the evaluation task progress.