You can download the physical backup data of a replica set instance based on the backup time and recover the downloaded backup data in the user-created MongoDB instance.
After Configure an automatic backup policy, the replica set instance will periodically performs physical backups of the database.
A physical backup is carried out on the hidden secondary node of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance. Therefore, it does not affect the I/O performance of the primary and secondary nodes. It may take a long time to back up a large amount of data. You need to wait patiently.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the home page, select the region where your instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Locate the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- On the backup and Recovery page, locate the target physical backup set to be downloaded, and click .
After you download the physical backup file, you can recover AsparaDB for MongoDB physical backup data in a user-created MongoDB instance. For more information, see Restore data of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance to user-created MongoDB databases by using physical backup.