You can download the physical backup data of a replica set instance based on the backup time and restore the downloaded data to a user-created MongoDB database.
After you set an automatic backup policy, ApsaraDB for MongoDB performs physical backups for the replica set instance at a regular basis.
A physical backup is carried out on the hidden node of a replica set instance. This does not affect the I/O performance of the primary and secondary nodes. It may take a long time to back up a large amount of data.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- On the Backup and Recovery page that appears, find the target physical backup and choose .
After downloading the backup file, you can follow the instructions in Restore data of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance to user-created MongoDB databases by using physical backup to recover data.