You can download the physical backup data of a replica set instance based on the backup time and recover the downloaded backup data in the user-created MongoDB instance.
Standalone instances do not support this feature. You can create an instance from a specified backup to recover data. For more information, see Create an instance based on a backup.
After setting an automatic backup policy, you can back up data for replica set instances in physical backup mode.
A physical backup is carried out on the hidden secondary node of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance. Therefore, it does not affect the I/O performance of the primary and secondary nodes. It may take a long time to back up a large amount of data. You need to wait patiently.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the home page, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Locate the target instance and click its instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- On the Backup and Recovery page that appears, locate the target physical backup and choose .