You can download the physical backup data of a replica set instance based on the backup time and restore the downloaded data to a self-managed MongoDB database.
After you set an automatic backup policy, ApsaraDB for MongoDB performs physical backups for the replica set instance on a regular basis.
A physical backup is performed on the hidden node of a replica set instance. This does not affect the I/O performance of the primary and secondary nodes. It may take a long time to back up a large volume of data.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- On the Backup and Recovery page, find the physical backup that you want to download. Then, choose .
After you download the backup file, you can use it to restore data to your self-managed databases. For more information, see Restore data of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance to a self-managed MongoDB database by using physical backup.