This topic describes how to create, modify, and delete a Logstore in the Log Service console.
Create a Logstore
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click the target project.
- Choose +.. Click
- In the Create Logstore dialog box, set the required parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Logstore Name The name of the Logstore. The name must be unique in the project to which the Logstore belongs. After the Logstore is created, the name cannot be modified. WebTracking Specifies whether to enable web tracking. If you enable this feature, Log Service collects logs from web browsers and mobile apps that run on iOS or Android. The collected logs are copied to Log Service. By default, this feature is disabled. Permanent Storage Specifies whether to enable permanent storage. If you enable this feature, Log Service permanently stores the collected logs. By default, this feature is disabled. Data Retention The retention period of the collected logs. If you disable the Permanent Storage feature, you must specify the Data Retention parameter.
Valid values: 1 to 3000. Unit: days. Logs that have been retained for more than the specified days are automatically deleted.
Shards Select the number of shards in the Logstore. You can create up to 10 shards for each Logstore. You can create up to 200 shards for each project. Automatic Sharding Specifies whether to enable automatic sharding. If you enable this feature, Log Service increases the number of shards when read and write requests exceed the capacity of the existing shards. By default, this feature is enabled. For more information, see Manage shards. Maximum Shards The maximum number of shards after automatic sharding. This parameter is required if you enable the Automatic Sharding feature. Maximum value: 64. Log Public IP Specifies whether to enable the log public IP feature. If you enable this feature, Log Service adds the following information to the tag field of the collected logs:
- __client_ip__: the public IP address of the log source.
- __receive_time__: the time when Log Service receives the log. The time is a Unix timestamp.
- Click OK.
Modify a Logstore
- Choose . Click the management icon of the target Logstore, and then select .
- On the Logstore Attributes page, click Modify in the upper-right corner.
For more information about the parameters, see Create a Logstore.
- Click Save.
Delete a Logstore
- Before you can delete a Logstore, you must delete all relevant Logtail configurations.
- If LogShipper is enabled for the Logstore, we recommend that you stop writing data to the Logstore before you delete the Logstore. In addition, make sure that all data in the Logstore is shipped.
- If you cannot delete a Logstore by using your Alibaba Cloud account due to insufficent permissions, submit a ticket.
. Click the management icon of the target Logstore, and then select .Warning If a Logstore is deleted, the log data in the Logstore is permanently deleted. Proceed with caution.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.