Certificate Type Selection
- If your website is based on an individual (I .e. no corporate business license ), you can only apply for free-type or DV-type digital certificates.
- For general businesses, it is recommended to purchase digital certificates of Type OV and above. For financial and payment enterprises, it is recommended to purchase EV certificate.
- If the mobile site or interface is called, it is recommended that you use certificates of Type OV and above.
- The order of digital certificate brand compatibility from strong to weak: Symantec> geotrust> CFCA.
- The mobile Web site or interface calls related apps, and it is recommended that you select the Symantec brand.
Number of protected domain names
- One domain name: this digital certificate can only be configured with one specific domain name.
- Multiple Domain Names: this digital certificate can configure multiple specific domain names. These domain names can be either a top-level domain name or a non-top-level domain name, such as p1.taobao.com, p1.aliyun.com Etc.
- Wildcard Domain Name: this digital certificate can be configured with a wildcard domain name. The wildcard domain name is typically in the form * .aliyun.com.
Wildcard domain names only support peer-to-peer matching, such as binding * .aliyun.com A digital certificate for a wildcard domain name that supports, but does not support. If you need any support For the wildcard domain name digital certificate, you also need to purchase a * wildcard Domain Name Certificate.
- In the digital certificate for the wildcard domain name, only the root domain name contains the domain name principal itself. For example:
- *. Aliyun.com's wildcard domain name digital certificate contains aliyun.com.
- * The wildcard domain name digital certificate for .p1.aliyun.com does not contain.
- If the specific domain name is completed with the WWW domain name, the main domain name itself is included. For example:
- The digital certificate bound by the www.aliyun.com domain name contains aliyun.com.
- The digital certificate that is bound by the domain name does not contain the certificate.
- Once your digital certificate is issued, you will not be able to modify domain name information, and so on.